Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week 8: #19 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

Zoho like most of the other online applications is straight forward and easy to use, but somewhat limited in the features offered. I found the limited number of fonts (and font sizes) to be frustrating. For simple document that is not of a sensitive nature they are quit sufficient. I may have missed it, but I could not find a way to export ther doucment as a web page. For more complex documents I would use Word, Word Perfect, Lotus Word Pro or a similar commercial program. It also becomes a problem working online when you have a slow connection (I am on dial up at home). I am not totally comfortable with my documents being stored on line where I do not have control of them. It is nice to have access to them from any computer with internet access, but I am not sure is worth the risk.

No comments: