Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Week 8: #18 Social Networking: Making friends in the comfort of your own home

I looked at MySpace, Ning, Yahoo!360, Catster and Dogster. I wanted to look at Facebook, but it required me to register, and I was not willing. They looked like a group of clones. I got boored quickly looking at the sites. They appear to consist of the minutiae of people’s lives (or even worse their pet’s lives), that only a close friend or relative would appreciate. I guess I am not of the age group to appreciate the social networking phenomenon. I am not one who is willing to share intimate details of my life with every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants to place me under a microscope and examine me. If I want to make friends, I don’t think that the social networking site is the appropriate way to do it.

No comments: