Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Week 9:#22 Downloadable Media

The HCPL digital site had a fair selection of audio books in a variety of formats (OverDrive, Adobe PDF, and Mobipocket). The video selection and music selections were somewhat more limited. The free sites were largely limited to books that were in the public domain. This limited the selection available greatly. The download digital media guided tour on the Overdrive site was very informative. I found a few book that I would like to check out, (The Clone Wars by Karen Traviss, and Dark Empire I and II by Tom Veitch) but I would not check out the audio book. The print version is much more to my taste. If I commuted to downtown (as my wife does) I would consider listening to audio books, but nothing beats the old fashion print book for reading pleasure.

No comments: