Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Week 10: #23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning...

I am afraid that it is close to being the end, although I had hoped that it would be the beginning of something great.

I found the photo sites to be very interesting. I have always used Photoshop elements to edit my pictures. It works great, but the learning curve is steep. Most of the online sites were much more user friendly and I was able to do the basic photo fixes that most people need. The special effects available were great for adding zip to the pictures.

I would like to start using a blog or similar website, perhaps a wiki of some sort, to communicate with the people who take my computer classes. I would like to learn more about how (within the confines of the HCPL system) to set up a site on the web where I can post materials and have them available to people to download.

I did not find much of the material covered in the program to be of interest to me or to be very useful. I was familiar with most of it, but just never saw a reason to use it, and for the most part still don’t. After completing the program, I understand why the customers are so frustrated with technology. Some of it does not work at all, and most of the others are so picky that a minor mistake or two can sabotage the entire exercise. If you are a mature (over 40) customer, it is hard to jump and get started. I can now see why many of them get frustrated and just keep doing it the same old way.

No comments: